Guild Yggdrasil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Monster of the week.

Go down

Pocket Monster of the week. Empty Pocket Monster of the week.

Post by Mystletainn Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 pm

I decided to make this thread to analyze a different pocket monster each week and tell the pro's and con's of using them in a Team.
Seeing as we are soon to have the new generation pocket monster games unleashed upon us in just over a months time i thought why not start with one of my favourites from the new set.

Zuruzukin [Scrafty] DARK/FIGHT

Evolves from Zurugu [scraggy] at lv 39.

BASE STATS:
HP: 65
Attack: 90
Defense: 115
Sp.Atk: 45
Sp.Def: 115
Speed: 58
Total: 488

This Pocket Monster has a decent defense and attack capability and has access to the elemental punches and dragon dance [via egg move] It's STAB capabilty lies in payback , focus punch [learn by lv up] and drain punch [learned eggmove from kojufu].He can also learn Cheer up and Bulk up to make him even more of a tank like pocket monster,basically he's a slower more defensive ambipom with a bit more type coverage.Stone edge is a good move for this pocket monster with an atk boosting nature , max atk ev's and bulk up/cheer up its something not to be ignored for damage output.For the more defensive player he can learn substitute via TM sothis pocket monster has a wide range of movesets possible.

Sub DD@leftovers
Adamant nature
Substitute
Payback
Focus punch/Drain punch
Crunch/stone edge/ice punch

haha forgot to highlight the bad points of this Pocket Monster.
The fact it has such low speed and sp atk makes some people reluctant to even bother training this Pocket Monster.After all the best defense is a good offence but if your not a 12 y/old then the low power of this pocket monster will not be a problem.
So in my opinion setting up some kind of wall or +1/+2 move will be good with this guy.

Dance of fury
Zuruzukin@Expert Belt
Jolly nature/Overconfidence ability
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Ice punch/Thunder Punch/Fire Punch
Drain Punch/Focus Punch/Payback

Cheerful rage
Zuruzukin@Life orb
Hasty nature/overconfidence ability
Cheer up
Crunch/Faint attack/Stone edge
Ice Punch
Brick break/Drain Punch/payback
Mystletainn
Mystletainn
Admin

Dominance : 192

http://guildstealthrock.freeforums.biz

Back to top Go down

Pocket Monster of the week. Empty Re: Pocket Monster of the week.

Post by Mystletainn Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:28 pm

a new week a new pocket monster analysis.

This week i decided to go for a favourite of mine from black/white versions.

Kerudio(Keldeo) ~ The Foal pokemon.

Physiology
Kerudio is pony-like, with a large, feathery red mane, long, dark blue, ridged eyebrow-like features, and a single white horn that is slightly curved. The back of its head, as well as its neck, has light blue-and-white-spotted coloration with spiky edges at the lower portion. Its body is cream-colored, with blue hooves. Its blue-and-white-spotted, lifted and feathery tail is comparable to an elaborate feather in a cap.

Special abilities
Kerudio has the ability to cross water by ejecting water from its hooves.

Behavior
Kerudio tends to run about the entire world, running on the surface of seas and rivers.

Habitat
Kerudio appears at beautiful watersides.

This pokemon has amazing special attack power and speed which make it a very formidable contender on any team and its moveset allow for some fast victories.

Sword of mystery (move)
Sword of Mystery inflicts damage. Although classified as a Special move, this move calculates damage using the user's Special Attack and the opponent's Defense stat.This move is learned only by the event Keldeo recieved from nintendo event's and only when you visit sekka wetlands with all four of the musketeer pokemon in your team inc. Keldeo.

sword sweeper@life orb
adamant nature
swords dance
sacred sword
sword of mystery
Aqua tail

sword mage@leftovers/life orb
modest nature/mild nature
work up
sacred sword
surf/hydro pump
sword of mystery
Mystletainn
Mystletainn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystletainn Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Time for another pocket monster of the week this time a gen 3 pokemon.

Mightyena

this pocket monster is and alway will be a bro to me.I always make sure he's in my team no matter what gen 3 game i am playing just for the fact he's that awesome. But my bias aside he is a decent team choice in a balanced party,He may not be an uber or have the most amazing stats with only 90 base attack and 70 base speed it might be one the worst fully evolved dark types but he is still good to go.

The redeeming factor of this guy is His abilities intimidate or quick feet either way he gets some advantage over situations.
Mightyena has just enough Speed, a satisfactory movepool, and the Intimidate-enhanced bulk to function as a usable stallbreaker.

stallbreaker moveset@leftovers/intimidate/adamant nature EV's:- 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Spe
~ Taunt
~ Super Fang
~ Crunch / Rest
~ Sucker Punch / Toxic

Quick feet set up @ toxic orb/quick feet/jolly or adamant EV's:-252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Sucker Punch
~ Crunch
~ Facade
~ Howl / Taunt

these movesets were taken from smogon i know i said no smogon talk but i hate to admit they know there shit i just don't agree with the banning of moves and psuedo-legendaries as they call it.

Mystletainn
Mystletainn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum